The Mission of Personal Ministries
The mission of Personal Ministries is to provide resources and train church members to unite their efforts with the ministry and church officers in the final proclamation of the gospel of salvation in Christ. The aim of the department is to enlist every member in active soul-winning service for God.
The Personal Ministries Statement of Purpose
Equipping and Mobilizing the Membership to Accomplish the World Mission of the Church.
Objectives of Personal Ministries
The Personal Ministries Department was established as a major setting for soul winning activities in the Church. It exists to teach and proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ in response to the command of Jesus, in the context of the three angels’ messages of Revelation 14:6-12. To honor this original purpose, the Personal Ministries Department continues to communicate the good news with the objective to win, hold, and train for Jesus Christ, men, women, youth, boys and girls, in all the world, and to design programs and resources to help those areas of the world where church growth is limited.
Personal Ministries Methods and Activities
The local church Personal Ministries Department has historically specialized in certain soul winning methods, although they are in no way limited to these:
- Door-to-door evangelism
- Distribution of literature
- Giving personal Bible studies
- Lay preaching
- Organizing and running the Community Service program of the church, including the Dorcas Society
- Organizing and running the annual In-gathering program
- Managing local church Bible Correspondence Schools
- Cooperating with the Sabbath School Department in organizing and running Sabbath School Action Units.
- Cooperating with the local church pastor in the organization and management of small group ministries
→ Total Member Involvement(TMI)
→ In Step With Jesus
→ Sabbath School
→ Mission Quarterly