After a couple of months without a women and children ministries director, Central Uganda Conference has appointed Nsubuga Esther Nnalongo Women ministries director. This follows the appointment of former CUC women ministries director, Mrs. Mugerwa Lilian Bikongoolo as Uganda Union Women ministries director from whom she takes the mantle.
A mother of five and married to Nsubuga Amoni Ssalongo, Esther Nsubuga has served as women ministries leader in SDA Makerere district, and in several other positions of responsibility in the church at both the local church and the district level. She currently serves as the Women ministries leader in SDA Makerere District.
Esther Nsubuga started her early education from YMCA Primary School after which she joined Bat Valley Primary School where she completed her primary education. She later joined Bugema Adventist and Katikamu Secondary schools for her secondary education after which she joined Goa University – India where she graduated with a Bachelor of Economics. While still in India, she as well pursued a higher diploma in Software Engineering from APTECH Computer Education. Upon her return to Uganda, she joined Bugema University Graduate School and graduated with a Masters in Development Studies. She later joined UNIK and graduated with a Post Graduate Diploma in Counseling Psychology. Below are the brief highlights into Esther Nsubuga’s service and work history.
- Sabbath School Secretary – SDA Church Najjanankumbi
- Young Women Leader – SDA Church Najjanankumbi
- Assistant to the Head of the Education – SDA Makerere District Women ministries Executive
- Head of the Education Department – SDA Makerere District
- Women ministries leader – SDA Church Makerere District
- Sabbath School Secretary – SDA Church Makerere
- Sabbath School Superintendent – SDA Church Makerere
- Ambassadors Club Director – SDA Church Makerere
- Head of Department, Guidance and Counseling – SDA Church Makerere
- Secretary – Department of Education and Theology, Bugema University
- Secretary – a records assistant, Office of the Registrar, Bugema University
- AdministrativeSecretary – Vice Chancellor’s Office, Bugema University
- Assistant Chief Examinations Officer – Bugema University
- Lecturer – School of Social Sciences, Department of Development Studies, Bugema University
- Head of Department – Department of Social Work Social Administration and Counseling Psychology, Bugema University
- Counselor – Pyscho-Social Support team – Ministry of Health Covid-19 Task Force
Other notable appointments
- Board Member National Association of Social Worker and Social Administration Uganda – Assistant General Secretary (NASWU)
- Board Member, Bugema Adventist Secondary School – Counseling Committee (BASS)
- Secretary, Adventist Counselors’ Association (ACA).
- As Central Uganda Conference, we congratulate Mrs. upon your call to service. We believe and pray that God will use you mightily in His vineyard.